[Tony Moly] Magic Food Banana Sleeping Pack - Review

by - May 02, 2018

 

Hey Guys! ✨
Today i'm reviewing my favourite sleeping pack of all time, which is the:

TonyMoly - Magic Food Banana Sleeping Pack

I've been using this sleeping pack religiously for quite some time now (about 2 years I think) and it's been a favourite of mine ever since! I will admit that I haven't really attempted to try any other sleeping mask until recently (I purchased The Crème Shops Hyaluronic Acid sleeping mask last week, along with some other ones in their sleeping mask line!) since I was relatively pleased with this pack and happy to carry on using it! I simply adore TonyMolys cute aesthetics, and I love how this sleeping pack (and the matching hand milk) are shaped like an actual banana! since I do have an obsession with bananas haha! 😆


The sleeping pack comes in a clear window box, so you can clearly see exactly what you're getting. The front features the name of the product and a little banana illustration at the bottom.


The back of the box includes the instructions, brief description and ingredients in korean.


Whilst the left side has the English translation. 

The TonyMoly Magic Food Banana Sleeping Pack is a:
"Banana sleeping pack that focuses on rich moisturisaion and nutritional supply"

The Ingredients for this sleeping pack are:

"Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Behenyl Alcohol, Beeswax, Petrolatum, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysorbate 60, Musa Sapientum (Banana) Fruit Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Pentylene Glycol, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Dimethicone, Betaine, Urea, PEG-100 Stearate, Polyacrylamide, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Caprylyl Glycol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Dimethiconol Ethylhexylglycerin, Laureth-7, 1,2-Hexanediol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum, Cl19140, Cl 15985"

Directions:

"After night skin care, take an adequate amount of the product, gently apply to a face and neck area"

It's recommend to use this product within 12 months of opening!


When you take the product out the packaging, it'll look like so. The product is actually shaped like a banana which I absolutely love! I do like products that have a bit of character, which is another reason why I love Korean cosmetics so much haha! The product has a lid that unscrews at the top (which is also discreet).


And when you've unscrewed the top, you'll notice a nozzle which allows precision and control over how much of the product is dispensed. So you don't really need to worry about dispensing too much unless you squeeze the tube too hard! 


The texture of the product looks like a thick cream, its also a very very pale yellow in colour and is accompanied by the most delightful banana scent you've ever smelled! The consistency however is very creamy, easy to spread out and is light weight. It doesn't feel "heavy" on my face and absorbs very well! A lot isn't needed either to achieve results so the product itself will last you a good while!

I use this sleep mask at the last stage of my skincare, it glides rather smoothly and lightly on the skin and once absorbed it does give the skin this "dewy" moisturised look. It works so well that the morning after my skin still looks dewy and nourished! i've been so pleased with the results that at times i've just applied sunblock over it before going out haha! 

If you tend to suffer from dry skin, or live in a climate where the winters can be particularly cold (the winters here in the UK are unpredictable and last ages haha!) then this is the perfect sleeping pack for you! Even when you wake up in the morning your face is still dewy and moisturised, and if you decide to wash off the sleeping pack, your skin is so silky smooth...I usually can't stop stroking my face haha! (as weird as that sounds)

 This was also my very first sleeping pack, so naturally i've been trying to compare it to other sleeping packs like the "The Crème Shops" Hyaluronic Acid gel overnight mask which I bought nearly two weeks ago...and sadly I don't find it as nourishing or gives a dewy look (more like a matte look) unlike like the Banana sleeping pack (I'll be reviewing The Crème shops Hyaluronic Acid Mask later on!).
IMG Credit: tonymoly.us

Here are my listed Pros and Cons for this product!:



Pros:



Does what it says on the "tin":
The main purpose of this sleeping pack is to leave your face moisturised and nourished, and I found that it pretty much does exactly that. Like I mentioned before, you don't need a lot of this product to achieve results, and they last throughout the night and into the next day! Because of this it's perfect for those of you with dry skin or during winter months were the weather is a bit more harsher and you need that extra moisture. 


Affordable/Value for Money:
I personally didn't find this sleeping pack to be that expensive, but rather quite affordable! not just that, but because of how long it can last (if you aren't pilling super thick layers of it on every night) it also ends up being worth the money in the long run. The results also last longer than a day and do leave your skin hydrated and moisturised, so you aren't just paying for a product that you apply overnight and disappears during the night. 








Cons:



Packaging:
In terms of packaging, my only con is that because of the "unusual" shape of the packing, it can be hard to know (and be confident that) all of the product has been used. Unless you cut it up (and I don't really like cutting things up really haha) it can be hard to tell if you've used every last possible drop. If you're fine with cutting into products to make sure you've used every last bit, then this isn't an issue for you 😊


-

Overall, this was my first sleeping pack and it's still my current favourite! Not just because I love any product to do with bananas, but the actual product itself delivers on what it sets out to do (moisturise, nourish, hydrate). It absorbs into the skin very quickly but also leaves a "dewy" effect on the skin, which lasts throughout the night and until the next morning (and will stay until you wash it off). And if you do decide to wash it off, it leaves the skin silky smooth and supple, plus the banana scent is a bonus! (and it isn't overpowering either!)
This is one of those products that has a Holy Grail status for me, and I won't hesitate in recommending it to all of you! if you haven't tried it yet, definitely give it a go! especially if you have dry skin!






Where to Purchase: 


Can be purchased here for £8.93 ($12.14 approx converted)


Can be purchased here for £11.75 ($15.98 approx converted)


Can be purchased here for £15.50 ($21.08 approx converted)









-


Thank you for reading!


~



Have you used TonyMolys Sleeping Packs? 
What did you think? lemme know in the comments below!



You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I've seen this sleeping pack couple times but I've never tried it, I'm mostly interested in it because of the scent - it's a banana so it must smell well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it my dear! even if just for the Banana scent haha! (which smells so heavenly!) 💖

      Delete