[SecretKey] Rose Floral Softening Toner - Review

by - May 28, 2018


Hey Guys! ✨
Today i'm reviewing a new toner i've been trying for a few weeks now, which is the:

Secret Key - Rose Floral Softening Toner

I purchased this some time ago in TK Maxx, and since I was currently using one bottle of Evoluderm rose toner with no backup, I decided to purchase this one! The price was relatively cheap, at £6.99! However admittedly I was drawn to the cute packaging and simplistic look of the product! I am starting to enjoy using rose toners more as I enjoy their soothing hydrating properties and this was another worth a try!


When you first receive/purchase the product, it'll come with cellophane wrapping to protect it. I notice that a lot of foreign products (whether cosmetics or food) that are imported here in the UK, tend to have a white sticker on the back with the ingredients and brief summery of what the product is, incase the original product doesn't have an english translation (although the majority do haha!) 


So on the back is the infamous white sticker, featuring the ingredients, brief product summery, contents in ml (248 ml) and the country of origin (which is Korea). At the very bottom it also includes the Secet Key website should you wish to have a look!


The bottle features a lovely baby pink label that reaches right round the whole of the bottle. I  found the whole bottle to be aesthetically pleasing and the front has a lot more infromated placed there than what's found with other products. The front features the title of the product, the type of skin it's suitable for (which is all) and a lovely description of the product in full in a fancy script, which states:

"Rose Floral Softening Toner is widely used for skin care because it is safe and gentle enough for all skin types. One of the main benefits of Rose Floral Softeing Toner is that it acts as a moisturiser and it helps to feel and look smooth. Additionally, and perhaps most obviously, rose water has a pleasant aroma. This lovely perfume and its healing, rejuvenating effects make Rose Floral Softening Toner potentially valuable"


On the back it lists the directions for this product, which are as follows:

"Dispense toner onto cotton pad. Sweep the soaked cotton pad outwards across cleansed face and neck. Pat gently for better absorption"

The listed ingredients for this product are listed below:

"Rose Damascena Flower Water, Glycerin, 1-2 Hexanediol, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract0, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Tremella Fuciformis (Mushroom) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Acacia Concinna Fruit Extract, Morus Alba Bark Extract, Physalis Alkekengi Fruit Extract, Polysorbate 80, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Algae Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate


Once you take the cellophane wrapping off, you'll notice that it has one of those "flip top" openings. Which means you don't have to worry about loosing the lid or knocking it over by accident and it spilling everywhere since once you've used it, you simply flip the lid back on and you'll hear a "click". 

My first impression of the actual product itself were that, when I placed some of the product on a cotton pad, the first thing I noticed was the "aroma". It's quite noticeable at first, and really, I still continue to notice it haha! It's not offensive or overpowering but...it definitely is noticeable. Personally, I feel that it smell is ok...and that's about it. It's a similar smell to some of the Marks And Spencer Floral Collection products, that have a strong floral scent which is popular with the more mature female 😅

However putting the toner into action, it's a pretty nice toner! it's a typical watery consistency so I found that It absorbs very well and very quickly, and leaves the skin hydrated and moisturised. I use this with a cotton pad after cleansing and it does the job of removing any "tight" feeling on my skin if i've used a product that might make my skin feel that way. 

Whilst it hydrates and moisturises the skin, I found that it also somewhat soothes and comforts my skin, reducing redness slightly around my nose and cheek area whilst leaving it soft to touch and gives a healthy lil glow! It's also a great starter to a routine as it set my skin up nicely for my other products to follow suit. 

IMG Credit: koreadepart.com

Based on my personal use of this product, here are my pros and cons!:



Pros:



Packaging:
As much as I love products that look nice, it's also nice if they're able to function accordingly. This is actually the first toner I've used (from what I remember, but I guess my memory is pretty bad haha!) with a flip top cap! I'm usually so used to toners with screw top caps so usually i'm always concerned that when I place the bottle down, when I reach for it to add the top...i'll knock it over. And it has happened once before, haha! its nice that I can simply flip it open and closed at will and carry on without stopping to screw the lid back on! 


Does what it says on the "tin"/price:
I found that this toner pretty much did what I expected of it, which was to soothe, hydrate and moisturise my skin. Which then leads on to the price point! I found that this toner is pretty affordable (of course depending where you purchase it) so, if you're doing skincare on a budget and want a toner that does what it says it will and at an affordable price, this ones for you!









Cons:



Scent:
The scent isn't really my favourite aspects of this toner. It's probably the only toner i've used so far that has this noticeable scent. Of course like I mentioned before, it's not offending or overpowering but...it's there and even though I may find it ok and tolerable. Some of you may not. So that's one thing to keep in mind. 


Amount of Product:
I tend to go through toners quite quickly (as I use them every morning and night) and with this toner...i'm literally on the last quarter of the bottle and i'm pretty sure I haven't been using it for that long 🤔 As much as I like the slender bottle, I wish it were a little bigger so the product would last a little longer. I instinctively I always purchase another toner as I know i'll run out more quickly than any another product, but i'm just so surprised at how quickly i'm flying though this and I don't use vast amounts of it every time! 😳




-




So the bottom line is, this is a pretty nice rose floral toner that delivers on what it states (moisturises, leaves skin smooth, is gentle on the skin etc) It's finished off in a lovely simplistic bottle with a pink label, fancy scripture and a flip top lid. And the price you can purchase it at (some places less than £5) it's definitely something to try if you're new to Rose Toners and are looking for a new toner that'll deliver but won't break the bank! The scent will always be my downfall with the product, and as some of you may not be keen on any products with a perfumed smell, it's something to keep in mind. However, I do still recommend this product to you guys! mostly on price point and product deliverance! 








Where to Purchase: 


Can be purchased here for £5.91 ($7.86 approx converted)



-


Thank you for reading!


~



Have you used Secret Keys Rose Toners? 
What did you think? lemme know in the comments below!









You May Also Like

7 comments

  1. My best friend used one of the toners from this series. I haven't tried it yet and even if the ingredients are nice I feel like my nose couldn't stand the scent :) Thanks for such a great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Blog Thank for the review, Use Biotique
    Honey Water Clarifying Toner from RetailPharma and Brings skin into perfect pH balance.
    Biotique Toner
    Alcohol Free Toner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome secret tips and thanks for sharing with us.
    Skin care Product

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank for sharing it over here,
    Try Herbal Rose Toner Effective on dry and sensitive skin types, rose also helps treat redness and inflammation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fuschia Hydrating Facial Toner Lavender, This Toner not only tones your skin, also gives you a hydrated refreshing feel, rejuvenates skin to its youthful glow from first use itself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a very nice job I like your website it is very interesting and helpful for me I am really sure that you enjoyed during writing the content on your website
    Skin Light Body Care | Body Ritual

    ReplyDelete