[Danielle Creations] Anti-Wrinkle Collagen & Lavender Eye Masks - Review

by - February 28, 2018


Hey Guys! ✨

Today i'm reviewing: 
Danielle Creations - Anti-Wrinkle Collagen & Lavander Eye Masks!
I found these in TK Maxx whilst in Dundrum, Ireland when I was last over, and I couldn't get over how cheap they were! if I remember correctly they were about €3.99 or €4.99. And for 6 pairs of hydrogel eye masks that's a pretty good deal! but are they any good? 🤔

TK Maxx can sell products from brands that i've never heard of, and i'd never heard of "Danielle creations". However it turns out they're a British company, established over 30 years ago that focuses on beauty and lifestyle products! ranging from beauty bags to face masks. 

What are Eye Masks/Patches?
Eye masks/patches are essentially sheet masks for under your eyes. The same way sheet masks can moisturise and brighten your face, eye masks can do the same! Many are designed to tackle dark circles, wrinkles and puffiness. 


So you'll receive the eye masks in a box (as shown above), I purchased two different variants which were the "Collagen & Cumber" set and this one with "Collagen & Lavender". Each box is coloured differently and have slightly different purposes (the cucumber one is to combat puffiness and this one mainly combats under eye wrinkles)
These eye masks in particular claim to:

"Infused with Lavender Extract to help improve elasticity and smooth fine lines and wrinkles under the eye area. 
These hydrogel patches are infused with beneficial essence to nourish, moisturise, soothe, brighten and firm. The soft gel-like texture adheres gently to the delicate under eye area and delivers intensive treatment to the skin"

To use these patches, you should apply them to clean dry skin directly under the eyes. Leave for 20 - 30 minutes and discard. 

The Listed ingredients on the back are:
"Aqua/Water/Eau, Sorbitan Stearate, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Phenoxyethanol, Lavendula Angustifolia (Lavander) Extract"


So when you take a pack out the box they come like so, the eye masks are in sets of two and all vacuumed sealed. With a clear side so you can see the eye masks themselves, and a silver foil side, the side which you peel off the foil.


So I was actually surprised that these were gold coloured! The box packaging does have gold foil on it, but a part of me didn't actually expect it to extend to the product itself! especially since any gold eye masks i've seen have been more expensive than regular ones. One thing I noticed by looking at the packaging is that the masks are quite saturated in serum. 


To open you should find a corner loose, and all you need to do is pull! 


However I had exceptional difficulty opening this packet, the foil is so tightly vacuumed to the plastic it took a ridiculous amount of effort to pull it away and get to the eye masks. I also had to be careful which direction I pulled since I didn't want the serum getting everywhere and/or the masks falling out. 


Eventually I gave up with pulling away the last quarter since I was able to get to the masks. Upon pulling them out the packaging, like I mentioned, they are saturated in serum. More than I expected really, at least you get your moneys worth I suppose! The eye masks are gel so they're thin, light weight, soft and quite flimsy. There is no perfumed smell with these eye masks and the serum itself is also basically the same consistency as water as show below:


Because of these factors though, after I applied the eye masks under my eyes (because of the amount of excess serum) gravity did it's thing and they started to slide down ever so slowly. So naturally I had to keep sliding them up again haha! a tad bit annoying since I can't really relax when somethings sliding down my face half the time and i'm constantly having to readjust 😩

I placed the eye masks under my eyes for the stated time on the packaging (which was between 20 - 25 minutes) they were easy to remove since you can either peel them off or they can slide off haha! i'd kept these in the fridge for a bit beforehand so the cooling sensation was appreciated. Plus I noticed that under my eyes felt more smoother and not as puffy which was a huge plus. I've usually used the cheaper versions of these gel masks (such as the fabric ones in Primark for example) and with these gel ones in particular the experience was much more satisfactory. However, I still prefer "Secret Keys Gold Racoony Hydrogel patches" since you get more for your money, they aren't saturated in serum so cling to you face as needed and aren't big and chunky like these gel eye masks. Since I found the texture of these eye masks oddly, rather cringey? haha! 😵

I always tend to look at the first few ingredients of products (usually about the first four) to see whether they're good for my skin or not, and the first four (not including Aqua) are relatively considered good for the skin!

Sorbitan Stearate:
Sorbitan Stearate belongs to the category of thickeners and emulsifiers, since it's main benefit is to thicken and stabilise cosmetic ingredients like oil and water. 

Paraffinum Liquidum:
Paraffinum Liquidum is the latin name for liquid paraffin, which is mineral oil. This is acceptable to be on lists of cosmetic ingredients however it should ideally be followed by (Mineral Oil) so you're aware.

Glycerin:
Also called Glycerol or Glycerine, Gylcerin is a skin replenishing and restoring ingredient, helping to restore normal skin balance and hydration. It's also one of the many substances that helps the skin maintain a healthy look and feel, working to maintain the skins natural moisture level and defending against skin dryness.

Dimethicone:
Dimethicone is a silicone-based polymer. Or put simply, it's a silicone oil with certain properties that make it quite popular in skin care products. It's fluid properties helps improve the texture of skin since it fills in pores/fine lines leaving skin smooth and softened. 

Img Credit: danielle-ltd.co.uk
So based on my personal experience, here are my Pros and Cons:

Pros:

Affordable:
A Pack of 6 cost me €3.99 or €4.99 which is (to me) a very good deal for these gel eye patches. Even buying them from Danielle Creations direct they're just £4.99. So if you want to try gel eye masks and you're doing beauty on a budget, these may be something to consider!

Easy to apply:
Simply take out the plastic packaging and apply to under your eyes! Easily removed too and the serum absorbs fast enough afterwards with or without the need to pat your skin for absorption. 




Cons:

Packaging:
As previously mentioned, peeling the sliver foil side of the patches is actually extremely difficult. I feel bit odd describing it as such since it really shouldn't be the case...but I really did have a work out trying to peel away that silver foil. So it's not exactly convenient and really a lot of effort, when putting eye masks on should be an easy pleasant process.

Heavily Saturated:
The products themselves are really heavily soaked in serum so I got the majority of the product all over my fingers while trying to take each patch out from it's packaging. 
Once on my face they did slide down a lot and quite quickly which should give you an idea of how saturated they are. Not a concern if you're lying back however, but if you tend to sit up like myself (particularly in bed)....it's a tad bit inconvenient. 


Overall, I would repurchase these since the price is too good not too. And even for gel eye masks they're so much more cheaper compared to established brand names like Skyn Iceland. Like I mentioned, if you want to try gel eye masks but aren't keen on paying some of the more expensive prices, these are definitely worth having a look at. Plus, using gel eye masks even once a week can help the area under your eyes a great deal!



Where to Purchase: 


Pop into your local TK Maxx! I expect these to be around £4.99 here in the UK!


Can be purchased for the Danielle Creations website for £4.99, however as of today they're currently out of stock. 


Currently just the Non-Gold Lavander version which I can see priced at $10.44 (£7.59 converted)



-


Thanks for reading this review! Hope you guys found it helpful!
Are you a fan of gel eye masks? lemme know in the comments below! 


Reference(s): paulaschoice.com 


You May Also Like

1 comments