[The Crème Shop] Matcha Green Tea Face Sheet Mask - Review

by - February 07, 2018


Hey Guys! ✨

I'm back with another review, featuring 
The Crème shops - Matcha Green Tea Face Sheet Masks!
Face masks are a great thing to have, especially after a long day and you want to relax. Or if you're busy and you won't get chance to have a minute, they're great to pop on and carry on! 
They're convenient, quick and easy to apply and are soaked in serum to help nourish your skin.

I've been using The Crème Shops products (particularly the masks) for a some time now, particularly because they display a wide variety of sheet masks to choose from, which all have different uses (I have 3 other different ones currently waiting to be reviewed), their products are very affordable and the packaging is simplistic and cute!

What are sheet masks?
Sheet masks are face shaped sheet fabrics which are soaked in nutritional solution called Serum. You can get different types of sheet masks, made from fabric, fibers or gel! Sheet masks do differ from your typical paste type face masks (which you need to wash off) as they're easy to apply and take off (and with some it's not necessary to wash off the serum). Sheet masks are individually packaged and intended for single use only, they're also now widely available and can be found in many places such as Superdrug, Boots, TK Maxx and even Urban Outfitters.

For this particular sheet mask I decided to purchase the 5 piece collection (because the price was so good I couldn't resist!), plus i'm a big fan of Matcha green tea and Matcha latte so naturally I wanted to give this a go! 



If you decide to purchase the 5 piece collection set, you'll receive it in a box like so!
the front displays a quick brief on what the mask is intended to do for your skin which is:

"Soothes irritations & imbalances, Protects against toxins & impurities and helps to reveal clear, immaculate complexion"  



It also includes more information on the back detailing the benefits of the Matcha Green Tea face mask, instructions for use, and the list of ingredients which are as follows:

Water, Glycerin, Glycereth-26, Xanthan Gum, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Allantoin, Ethylhexlglycerin, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorise) Root Extract, Ziniber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Schizandra Chinensis Fruit Extract, Coptis Japonica Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Scutellaria Balcalensis Root Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Asiaticoside, Propolis Wax, Disodium EDTA, Alcohol Denat, Phenoxyethanol Fragrance.



The Crème Shop packaging is rather simplistic which I like, and because it's Matcha, of course the packaging is a rather suitable colour green. The individual packets themselves feel slightly heavier compared to others however it could just be me! Each individual packet displays the same information on the back as what appears on the outside box, should you need to refer back to it if you misplaced the box. 



Upon taking the mask out the packaging, the mask itself is plentifully soaked through with serum (so you won't have to worry about whether you'll get enough product or not!) it's neatly folded so it's not too difficult to unfold and apply to your face. 




The serum is quite watery, so it can easily be spread to other parts of the body not covered by the mask, including the neck and décolleté. The serum also includes little small fragments of the pulverised tea leaves which I hadn't been expecting, these will irritate you if you decide to skip using toner and go straight on to applying cream or essence etc. as it'll feel similar to a facial scrub. So with this one (or any mask containing small pieces) I recommend you use toner to remove any foreign bits left once you've let your skin absorb the serum. 


Now, (not the most flattering picture of me haha!😆) but I seem to have this issue with some sheet masks, especially The Crème Shop ones...in which they don't actually fit my face. As you can see there's a lot of excessive fabric especially at the top and sides of the mask and towards the bottom (but I don't consider that part a big issue). There's also areas where I'm required to overlap and fold over in order to get the mask to sit flat on my face and this is usually prevalent around my cheeks and forehead especially.   

After about 20 minutes (I wouldn't recommend leaving on longer) I pealed the mask off, and despite my skin absorbing most of the serum it did leave my skin feeling somewhat tight, with a sticky residue remained. However, after removing with toner it did leave my skin feeling somewhat refreshed, which is what I presumed would happen. Plus I did notice a difference with my skin feeling ever so slightly softer before I started my usual skin routine.  

I would suggest that this product is best suited for those who want their face masks to provide them with clear, cleansed, and refreshed skin, as this one isn't really for moisturising. However i'd consider it gentle enough to be used for sensitive skin. It's also pleasant to see that the first few ingredient listed are good for your skin!

Glycerin:
Also called Glycerol or Glycerine, Gylcerin is a skin replenishing and restoring ingredient, helping to restore normal skin balance and hydration. It's also one of the many substances that helps the skin maintain a healthy look and feel, working to maintain the skins natural moisture level and defending against skin dryness. 

Glycereth-26:
Glycereth-26 is a glycerin-based ingredient used as an emollient (moisturiser) and thickening agent in cosmetics. 

PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil:
The main purpose of the ingredient is to act as a cleansing agent. 


Img Credit: cdn.shopify.com/ thecremeshop.com
Now, there's always Pros and Cons to a product (at least I think so haha!) listed below are my main Pros and Cons based on my personal experience using this product:

Pros:

Affordablility/ Value for Money
Compared to other face masks out there, I find that The Crème Shops masks are very affordable and value for money, especially for those on a budget. I picked up the 5 piece collection at my local TK Maxx (the British equivalent to T.J Maxx) for only £4.99, so if we just rounded that up to £5, thats £1 per face mask! 
Individual prices for these masks can vary but are still, overall quite cheap! 

Does what it says on the tin (or packet)
The Crème Shop offers quite a large variety of sheet masks to suits different needs of the consumer. For this one, I found it did pretty much what I expected it to do (leave my skin cool, clean and refreshed afterwards). Depending on what mask you use, it can take using them consistently to notice a significant change. 



Cons

The little Matcha Leaf "Bits"
I don't think i've used a sheet mask yet that incorporates "little bits" into it. It was a bit of a surprise when I realised (I used toner afterwards and missed a few spots where these bits had remained, so I realised when I applied cream as I could feel them between my face and fingers). Sometimes I skip the toner and go straight onto my next routine product but with this one, I had to make sure all the "bits" were gone as the feeling isn't pleasant when you're apply products and they're still present.

Slight "Sticky" Residue 
Besides the little Matcha bits, it does leave this slight sticky residue on top of your skin. Which immediately makes you want to wash it off (despite it telling you not too). If you don't use toner after sheet masks, I do advise you use it with this one. As it'll remove the sticky residue and the small matcha pieces. 

Size/Fit
As mentioned previously, The Crème Shop sheet masks don't really fit my face the way I wished they did. Leaving a lot of excess at the forehead, cheeks and chin area, whilst also requiring me to overlap material to get it to sit on my face flatly. I'd also like it if there were little slits where the nasal bone is, as the feel the little parts between my nasal bone and eyes are missing out! 

Ingredients
My attention is brought to the "Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract" ingredient listed on the back. Witch hazel is commonly used as a plant extract that can have some soothing properties but also contains a high tannin content (and alcohol is added in the distillation process of witch hazel water). Tannin is derived from the bark and skin of trees and fruits and can fight against bacterial infections and remove oil from your pores and tighten them. Which sounds good, but for a product that's described as being ok to use everyday..I probably wouldn't use this one everyday as I feel it may dry your skin out. I'd probably use this particular mask twice a week max if that. 

Overall, as a sheet mask I would intend to use one or twice a week plus the affordability of it, repurchasing this product for myself is likely. However I wouldn't consider it a high priority purchase. If you're doing beauty on a budget and are in need of sheet masks that cleanse and refresh your skin, I would recommend this one! (that's if you don't mind the little matcha bits and the slight sticky residue left afterwards.



Where to Purchase:   

If you live here in the UK, pop into your local TK MAXX store as you'll find The Crème Shop face masks are sold here! Mine was purchased here for £4.99.

The Crème Shop.com 
Individual packets can be purchased here for $3 (£2.15 converted

Amazon.com
5 Piece set can be purchased here for $15 (£10.80 converted

-

Have you used this Sheet mask? 
What did you think of it? lemme know in the comments!




You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. Such a nice review! I used some the creme shop masks before but I haven't tried this one if it contains green tea/matcha I automatically want to try it :D Have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! I really appreciate it! ^o^
      I'm glad you found it useful! Definitely try it and let me know what you think!
      All the Best! ❤️✨😊

      Delete
  2. Anti-Fatigue & Anti-Pollution turmeric face pack for dry skin and Glow
    Detoxie face pack, infused with Japanese Matcha, Turmeric, Vitamin E and Hyaluronic Acid, the face pack delivers quick results that ensure a firm skin and a soft glow.

    ReplyDelete