[Tony Moly] Egg Pore Tightening Cooling Pack - Review

by - March 07, 2018


Hey Guys! ✨
Today i'm reviewing the:
Tony Moly - Egg Pore Tightening Cooling Pack 
I picked this up in Dublin, Ireland when I was last over. Since anything that mentions "pores" automatically grabs my attention as I tend to suffer from large pores on my forehead and chin, since these are the areas in particular that get clogged and form spots now and then.

Since the product came in a box, I actually didn't expect the product itself to have such appropriate packaging haha! and since easter is around the corner, and i'm a bit more concerned about my pores since i'm using more products because of the freezing weather, it's a great time to talk about this lil' egg!

What is the Egg Pore Tightening Cooling Pack?
The Egg Pore cooling pack is designed to tighten open and loose pores via the soft easy to apply texture, which also removes excess oils and sebum from the skin. The self cooling effect (thanks to the glacier water) calms troubled skin and closes pores, ready for you to follow with your regular skincare regime!


The product comes in a cute little beige box with the name of the product and a few charmingly appropriate illustrations jotted on the front of a mother hen and an egg. For a small box it's actually full of information including what it does, the ingredients and background information about the particular ingredients used in the product. 



The main claim written on the right is of the box is:

"The Enhanced ice corset pore pack tightens open and loose pores seamlessly with a cooling effect that covers the pore"

The list of ingredients contained in the product are as follows:

"Water, Kaolin, Bulyene Glycol, Bentonite, Titanium Dioxde (CI 77891), Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Vinger, Egg Shell Powder, Sea Silt, Glacier Water, Perfluorohe Xane, Tromethamine, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Caster-Oil, Cellulose Gum, Perfluorodecalin, Potassium Alginate, Pentafluoropropane, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance




And once you've taken the product out the box, you're presented with this lil' cute egg!
on one side "Egg Pore" is printed.



And on the other side, "Tightening cooling pack" is written, with the date of manufacture below it. 
I believe Tony Moly have changed the packaging with their egg pore products, since I remember there being a "crack" at the top where you could pop out the cover and later use the empty container to pop in a small plant! such a shame they changed the design but hey ho, as long as the product itself works I suppose! 



To open the product, all you need to do is simply unscrew the cap, and you're left with the top and bottom half of the egg. My first impressions were that there's not a lot of the actual product itself since the packaging takes up a lot of space. However I later found out you don't actually need a lot of the product for it to work effectively! but it was still a bit of a surprise to say the least, at least to me. The bottom half of the packaging that contains the product also has an orange protective cap on top, with a small protruding piece of plastic for you to grab and remove it.  



Once I removed the protective cap, I was further surprised to see the actual consistency of the product! I don't really remember exactly what I was expecting, but i'm sure I wasn't something like this haha! The texture itself is like gone off chocolate mousse, consisting of these small little soft "clumps" that can be pressed and smooth out on your face. Because of the texture it was a little awkward to spread the product on my skin, however it's nothing too tiresome.  


So once you apply the product to your skin you may feel a slight tingling/ cooling sensation,  I didn't really feel much of a "cooling" sensation per say (not quite sure if that's because I use cold water to close my pores every time I cleanse, so i'm immune to the feeling...who knows, haha!) but I definitely did feel this "tightening" sensation as the product dried. 
It doesn't take long at all for the product to dry, so if you're wanting a quick fix for your pores before a night out for example, this may be something of interest to you!

After washing off with lukewarm water, I did notice a bit of a difference surprisingly, since I didn't expect to see much of a result especially from my first use. The areas of my main concern are my forehead and chin, since I tend to have large pores there which are prone to break out and clog up. The pores in these areas were noticeably smaller and smoother and allowed me to continue with my skincare regime without fear of clogging any open pores! (yes it's a constant fear I have 😭) 

The main ingredient benefits of the product stated by Tony Moly on their website are the Egg Shell Powder, & Bentonite & Kaolin Clay so here's a little bit more about those ingredients!. The cooling and tightening properties are thanks to the ingredients contained within, like the Egg Shell powder for example. The benefits of Egg Shell powder are that it's a rich source of calcium, so using is as a face mask like so gives the skin a nice rich glow! it also helps to tighten the skin, clarify it and also soothes it. 

Bentonite and Kaolin Clay that are included in the ingredients list are also major benefits for your skin, since Bentonite clay helps to lighten the appearance of acne marks and redness associated with acne scars as it helps heal the skin and reduce inflammation and redness. Kaolin Clay helps to cleanse and exfoliate the skin by removing dead skin cells and excess oil and in turn helps to control the production of sebum!

Img Credit: Aliexpress.com

I'd definitely recommend this product to those of you that have oily/combined skin and also worry and suffer from large pores (whether that be on your T-Zone or anywhere else on your face), it's not a permanent solution as it's more of a temporary quick fix I found. But it does work and if used on a regular basis will help to keep your pores behaving as they should! 

Pros:


Value for Money:
The product itself is fair priced in my opinion (of course this will depend where you decide to purchase this from, I implored you to shop around!) and for those of you looking for particular products for specific skin needs, this is something that provides results that don't break the bank!

Visible Results:
Most products will require you to use it over a certain period of time to notice any significant benefits or changes. However, with this product I noticed a difference straight away! albeit not a "stop the world!!" difference but a noticeable result and feeling nonetheless! So if you'e needing a quick fix for your pores for whatever occasion/reason, consider trying this out! 

Easy to use:
It's easy to apply (to an extent, the texture/consistency of the product is a bit odd) however once you've gotten past the odd soft "clumps", you'll notice it's quick drying, doesn't require a lot of the product to achieve results and is so easy to wash off! 




Cons: 


Odd Packaging:
As much as I love the quirky cute packaging, travelling with it is a bit odd as the egg container itself is rather bulky and takes up quite a bit of room! despite this, I still like the packaging so I could probably learn to get over it haha! 

Not Permanent: 
This product is more of a quick fix than any type of long extended treatment. It works, but the results are only temporary of course. So to achieve maximum pore behaving results, you will need to use this regularly to maintain minimised and tighten pores. Since the results aren't long lasting and will need to be repeated regularly. 


Overall, I would definitely consider repurchasing this product again. Since it did temporarily fix my "large pores" issues and since the price (again depending where you acquire it) is fair, I feel I can actually afford to keep buying this to use on a near regular basis to help maintain, soothe and tighten my pores. And since you don't need a lot of the product to apply on your face, it will last a fair bit of time! so a little goes a long way with this one! ✨




Where to Purchase:


Can be purchased here for £12.90 (approx $17.93 USD converted

Can be purchased here (currently) for £6.98 (approx $9.70 USD converted)


Can be purchased here for £14.00 (approx $19.46 USD converted


Can be purchased here (currently) for £7.88 (approx $10.95 USD converted


-


Thank you for reading!
~

Have you used this Egg Pore Cooling Pack? 
What did you think of it? lemme know in the comments below!












You May Also Like

0 comments