[Pixi] Rose Oil Blend - Review

by - April 01, 2018


Hey Guys! ✨
Hope you've all had a great day. Today i'm reviewing one of my favourite skincare products and one of my holy grail items, which is the:
Pixi - Rose Oil Blend
Believe it or not, but this is one of the first products I tried from the Pixi brand (I still haven't tried the Glow Tonic just yet, but my time will come eventually haha!). 
The Pixi brand have quite a variety of skincare products to choose from, all with different claims and purposes. Before I discovered this oil I knew I wanted to introduce a facial oil to my routine and fortunately for me, where I work we sell Pixi products and on a whim, I tried this facial oil. 

And my goodness, that was about 6+ months ago and I haven't looked back since, the idea of putting any kind of "oil" to my skin (since I have combination skin with an Oily T-Zone) seemed a bit unusual and something I was a bit nervous to try since I was always scared it would make me break out. However it's been a long overdue product my skin needed.

What are Facial Oils?
Believe it or not but the right facial oil can make a big difference to your skin! including helping to nourish, hydrate, reduce inflammation and irritation. The best facial oils can be a one-way ticket to a glowing, healthy complexion – whatever your skin type.

IMG Credit: urbanoutfitters.com
When you purchase the facial oil, it'll come in a cute pastel coloured box (for some unbeknown reason I threw the box away before photographing it 🤷🏻‍♀️ so thank you UrbanOutfitters haha!) with a picture of the Rose oil displayed on the front (I assume to make it easier to distinguish between the different types of oils and serums in the Pixi line, as they all come in identical bottles and packaging). I like the Pixi packaging since I think there's hints of art deco inspiration with the gold trim borders around the outside box, plus the overall simplistic designs of the products and choice of colour give me a sort of retro feel? and I love anything retro! 

When you take the oil out the box you'll notice that the bottle itself and pipette are packed separately (the bottle will have a gold screw cap, placed there to avoid leakage when travelling, however i've never experienced any leakage when out and about with the pipette as the cap). You can unscrew the gold cap, then remove the clear plastic stopper, replace it with the pipette and away you go!


The packaging on a lot of Pixi products are very simplistic and minimalistic, however that's kinda what I like my products to be these days. Personally, i'm not a fan of products filled will lots of different pictures/information as I find it hard to look at and my brain doesn't want to take it on. Of course it's the product itself that's important and not the packing it comes in, however first impressions are what leads me to consider trying it!

The whole of the bottle is a pastel green colour, with a pale pink label placed around the centre. Which simply states the name of the brand, date the brand was established and what the product is, along with it's gold and white pipette you would have replaced the gold cap for! 



On the back on the bottle, it gives a brief description of what the facial oil is and what it claims to do, which is (i've included the longer version found on the outside of the box):

"A powerful youth preservative, this luxe oil blend is a rich source of botanical extracts & Vitamin E that helps protect, nourish & strengthen skin. Skin is rejuvenated & elasticity is improved, resulting in healthy, plump and luscious skin. For all skin types"

Below that are brief directions and a tip for when the oil can be used:

"Use AM and PM daily. Massage 2 to 3 drops onto cleansed, toned skin. For extra hydration & glow, add 1 or 2 drops to your moisturiser before applying

The ingredients for this facial oil are listed below:

"Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Punica Granatum Seed Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil" 

It's also important to note that this product is Paraben Free and is Not Tested on Animals!





The oil itself is very rich in colour, exactly the same as amber, which I feel adds to the luxury haha! There is also a fragrance that accompanies this oil, nothing I can make a straight comparison too, however it's definitely got some floral scents In there. I find the smell to be rather relaxing and calming, it isn't overbearing and I didn't find it distracting in any way. Of course with regular use with anything else that's scented you won't notice the fragrance at all!

As this is an oil the first thing you'll probably think of is "grease" and adding this to your face if you have Oily/combined skin will probably seem odd. The concept of facial oil seemed a bit odd to me at first which wasn't too long ago, I had never used a facial oil prior to this Pixi one and I was a little apprehensive since I was a bit worried it'd clog my pores around my T-Zone, as this is the area my pores are largest and where I get spots, and the last thing I wanted was a break out. I one day decided to take the plunge after trying it on a whim on the back of my hand, and noticed that it absorbed very quickly and left my skin as soft as silk, and since then i've used it everyday morning and night!

It's important to mention that you don't need a lot of this product on your face to feel the benefits. And i'd advise you to try and not overdo it as with any product 😅, the larger the amount on your face, the harder it is for your skin to absorb it. I found the times i'd accidentally added to much to my face, it was hard for my skin to absorb it and I felt like my face was kinda heavy. Plus you don't want to waste any of the stuff! Personally I place 2 "large" drops on my cheeks, and 3 small drops on my forehead, nose and chin. This allows me to have every area covered whilst I massage it in, and lets my skin absorb the product post-haste, since I haven't saturated my skin haha!



When applied to the skin, it is quite runny (not as runny as my Valjean Labs Hydrate Facial Serum, since that's basically the same consistency as water) however you don't have to worry about it running everywhere (unless you've added a lot of the product to your face) since it is oil, smaller drops don't budge! But this is where the pipette plays a big part, since this trusty tool allows you to control how much of the product you dispense onto your skin!  As soon as you start you massage and pat the product into your skin, you can near enough see and feel a difference straightaway. 



Almost automatically I felt my skin was instantly more hydrated, nourished, glowy and dewy. I felt like my skin drank it up exceedingly quickly even though I was a bit anxious that it would just "sit" on my face and make my face look nothing but greasy. I'm glad to say this wasn't the case! The facial oil absorbs super quickly and feels quite light on the skin (only if you don't add too much though!) it was easy to massage and pat into my skin which I loved. And I was actually surprised how it changed how my skin felt, which was definitely softer and more moisturised and this lasted all day, at no point does my skin start to feel dry! 

I found this product to be particularly handy over the winter months (which can last a while here in the UK) as it did a great job of keeping my skin hydrated and moisturised, even against the harsh cold winds and snow as it helped protect my skin (particularly my cheeks) from becoming dry. And since it works well for those with oily/combined skin like myself, I highly recommend it to those of you particularly with dry/sensitive skin if you're finding it hard to find a product that keeps your skin moisturised for a long period of time. 

This bottle is only 30ml (wish it was larger really) however if you use the amount you need, you'll find it'll last you a long time as a little does go a long way with this one! I found that one bottle can last me nearly three months, and that's with it being used everyday morning and every night (which I highly recommend you do). Because of this, I think the price tag of £26 is definitely value and worth the money because of how long it lasts.


IMG Credit: cultbeauty.co.uk

I really enjoy using this product, and it's really become a staple in my routine day and night, however there's always Pros and Cons to everything, so here are my Pros and Cons for this product:


Pros:



Versatile: 
This facial oil is suitable for all skin types, so whether you have dry, sensitive, oily or combination skin, this oil can be introduced to any skincare routine! I know if you have oily/combination skin adding a facial oil to your routine can seem rather daunting, but do consider giving it a go, you may be surprised!


Visible Results:
I found that this facial oil does live up to its claims, since even after my first use, my skin instantly felt moisturised and hydrated. After the first week of using it AM and PM my colleagues at work even commented on how glowy and radiant my skin looked, and the only new product I had added to my routine was this oil!


Value for Money:
This is a 30ml bottle, and retails at £26. But I found this product to be value for money. Since even using it every day and night this 30ml bottle can last me nearly 3 months. And compared to more expensive facial oils out there (like the Emma Hardie Facial Oil 30ml at £39) it does exactly what it says for far less!






Cons:



Fragrance:
There is a slight floral/rosey smell that accompanies this oil, I personally didn't find it at all bothersome or off-putting. I did find it rather comforting and relaxing really, however if you don't like your products having any type of smell, this is something you should be aware of. 

Packaging:
It comes in a glass bottle (however most oils come in glass bottles really), I put this as a con since you have to be careful you don't drop it or knock it over since the glass could crack/break and we don't want that! 


Overall, this is one of my favourite facial oils (Emma Hardie Facial Oil being a close second)  that I can't live without since it's affordable and benefits the skin immensely due to it's hydrating, moisturising and glowy effects. Plus it's rich ingredients that include vitamin E help strengthen and nourish the skin, leaving it more radiant and healthy. Which is a great look! I've recommend this oil to just about everyone including, friends, family and work colleagues (since trying this product, I feel like i'm a missionary who has to spread the word of this Pixi Treasure haha!)
and I want to recommend it to you guys! This facial oil as mentioned before is for all skin types, and if you haven't tried a facial oil before, I highly recommend considering adding this to your routine. Since a good facial oil can really benefit and help your skin achieve greatness!




Where to Purchase:



Can be purchased here for £26 (approx $36.47 USD converted)


Can be purchased here for £26


Can be purchased here for £26


Can be purchased here for £16.77 (as of 1/4/18) (approx $23.52 USD converted)



-


Thank you for reading!
~

Have you used this Pixi Facial Oil? 
What did you think of it? lemme know in the comments below!




You May Also Like

0 comments