[Corpore Sanctum] Fun Therapy Mask-Doh Green Tea Face Mask - Review

by - April 28, 2018


Hey Guys!✨
Today I'm reviewing this simply charming Face Mask, kindly sent to me by British Brand, Corpore Sanctum to share with you all! this is their:

Corpore Sanctum - Fun Therapy Mask-Doh Green Tea Face Mask

Fancy a blast from the past? a bit of retro nostalgia? well look no further!
I for one was really excited to receive this face mask, since i'm always proud to support homegrown brands here in the UK. And since the Corpore Sanctum products are not only quirky and uncommon in design. They're also Vegan, Cruelty free and made right here in the UK. So for those of you in particular, that are wanting to branch out and try more organic vegan skincare products with an added twist, you've come to the right place!


The product itself comes in a quaint 100ml yellow tub, which has an uncanny resemblance to an item of my childhood, the "Play-Doh" tubs! it's quirky yet retro design is what really makes this product stand out, compared to other packaging by other brands particularly here in the UK. The common packaging of most products here in the UK is pretty bland to say the least, so a British company with product packaging that has a retro charming personality of it's own, is really refreshing to see!


Its small cute nature means it's an ideal size to take with you on your travels, and will easily fit into a clear plastic bag at the airport! or even fit nicely into your handbag/weekend bag if you're away for a few days. Better yet, the packaging can also be washed out easily and recycled, and can either be used to plant (for example) Cress or even used to store bits and bobs. Like paperclips, bobbles, and other small pieces.  



On the back of the tub, it has a rectangular white sticker with important information, regarding what it does, where its made and what the ingredients are. 


On the left side of the label, it features a brief description of the mask which is:

The Power of Green Tea

"The anti-ageing and detoxifying, properties of Green Tea help reduce the signs of premature ageing by improving elasticity and collagen production of the skin"

Below the bio, are the Instructions on how to use this face mask:

"Apply a generous amount on a cleansed face, avoiding area around the eyes. 
Leave for 10 minutes (Note: The mask does not dry out)
Rinse off using warm water and pat dry"

Once opened, this product is recommended to be used within 12 Months. 


The right side of the label is where the all important ingredients list can be found, and the certified stamps.

The Ingredients for this product are as follows:

"Aqua, Dead sea mineral mud, Sunflower Oil, Vegetable glycerin, Emulsifying wax NF Olive oil, Coconut oil, Shea butter, Apricot Kernel oil, Phenoxyethanol and Ethylhexylgylcerin, Stearic acid, Zinc oxide, Apple fruit extract, Xanthan gum, Allantoin, Melon extract, cucumber extract, Green tea extract, Vitamin E, Hyaluronic acid"

Below it are stamps that inform you that:

- This product is Made in Britain
- This product is Organic Certified
- This product is Vegan 

And any product made in the UK is pretty much guaranteed to be of the highest quality. I'm quite sad not as many things are made here like they used to be!


The means of opening the product are via a screw top, so the yellow lid can easily be twisted off to allow you to see the contents inside. 


The first thing you'll notice is that there's a clear plastic cover protecting the contents. Instead of it being a simple flat disk that's merely "plopped" on top of the openings of most creams, this plastic cover actually conforms to the shape of the tub and creates a type of "vacuum" seal. Because of the snug fit, if you happened to drop the tub with just the plastic protector attached, i'm pretty convinced the contents will stay within the tub and not all over the floor. (Which happened to me once with an Etude House Collagen cream 😩)


And once you've removed the plastic protective cover, it'll look like so!


Based on my first impression, the colour and texture look similar to the consistency of a typical "charcoal" face mask. So a creamy, thick consistency from the look of it. I also noticed upon closer inspection that this product and a slight scent. Which is actually really rather nice. It's not a fragrance/perfume or chemical smell, but more of a smell you would expect from organic natural ingredients? it's somewhat hard for me to describe, but on the website it's listed as being Green Tea & Lime! it's important to note that it isn't overwhelming and quite discreet. You'll really only notice it if you literally stick your nose near the product! 


To get the product out for this demo I used a simple small spatula (i'm trying to refrain from sticking my fingers in products for hygienic reasons haha!) and like what I mentioned before, the consciency looked similar to a charcoal mask. It actually felt like such when I stuck my spatula in the tub to remove some of it. It gives the impression that it's a somewhat "thick" consistency, which it is...


Until you start to spread it out! 
When you start to "flatten" out and spread the product is starts to somewhat "melt" if that's the best term to describe it. The consistency suddenly becomes rather soft like a cleansing balm/cream. And can be spread smoothly and evenly and also feels quite lightweight on the skin, despite it's appearance. It's important to note that the mask doesn't dry either (unless it's been applied thinly), so after 10 minutes it's time to remove it!


When I actually applied the mask to my face, when getting it out the tub the texture/consistency is quite thick and it started to break into clumps. Now, the interesting part is when you apply it to your face. Like I previously stated, It starts to "melt" and strangely enough it reminds me of the Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm with the way it suddenly melts and softens whilst being spread and smoothed out. So applying it becomes so easy and..well satisfying! I actually enjoyed applying this to my face since the consistency turns from something thick to the same texture/consistency of whipped cream in an instant!

I also like the scent of this mask a lot, like I mentioned before, it isn't a fragrance or perfume or anything chemical. But more of a scent you'd expect from a product that's natural and organic. I also like how the ingredients list is rather simple and are all considered good for the skin. As apposed to some products that can be full of unnecessary chemicals or harsh ingredients. So I was pretty confident that it wouldn't give me any adverse reactions and, as expected, it didn't! 😄

So I almost forgot to take a picture as I was trying the face mask! you can see where it started to dry where I had applied it thinly, it's best that you don't leave it as long as I did though (It was definitely longer than 10 minutes, Oops!) as it can be slightly stubborn to remove afterwards (just the same as leaving a charcoal face mask on till it dries really).


After removing the mask with luke warm water my skin definitely felt better, in looks and in the way it felt! firstly my skin felt clean, like it had an extra cleanse. But my skin felt soft and smooth and I even noticed that it had evened out my skin tone too! I usually have redness around my nose area, however this mask has seemed to calm the redness and even calmed some spots that were threatening to form on my forehead (After using my cleansing brush I noticed some "bumps" forming on my forehead, however after using this mask it had  reduced the spots in size significantly and improved the texture of my forehead). 

And because of the skin friendly choice of ingredients, I knew it would be unlikely that I would have a reaction, I would usually patch test products now (after some nasty reactions in the past) however with this it wasn't necessary. I also found it very gentle on the skin, so I would consider this product to be suitable for any skin type!

-

The top 3 ingredients listed for this product (except Aqua) are:


Dead Sea Mineral Mud:
Dead Sea Mineral mud contains a powerful blend of nutrients and is known for it's moisturising qualities like hydrating the skin and removing any rough patches. Additionally it also contains nutrients that can kill the bacteria that causes acne!


Sunflower Oil:
Considered to be one of the best ingredients, Sunflower oil has the ability to help replenish and soothe the skin. It’s a rich source of fatty acids, including linoleic acid, and is perfect for dry skin.


Vegetable Glycerin:
 Vegetable glycerin is a natural triglyceride derived from plant sources such as soy, palm and coconut oils. It is a clear odourless liquid that is used in many cosmetics.


IMG Credit: corporesanctumstudio.com

Here are my listed Pros and Cons based on my personal use of this product:


Pros:



Cruelty Free/Vegan:
These days, more and more consumers are paying more attention to not only where the product is made, but how it's made and if it's been tested on animals. With some products it's clearly stated, with others...not so much. However, Corpore Sanctum pride themselves on cruelty free and vegan skincare. So if these aspects are important to you above all else when it comes to you choosing your next skincare product, you'll be pleased to know that all of the products from this company are cruelty free, vegan and organically made!


Noticeable Results:  
With most products I try, i'm not really expecting much (or nothing at all) especially during first use. However, I was definitely surprised with this product! after washing off the product it left my skin soft and smooth and with that lovely "clean refreshed" feeling, which I do appreciate. In my case, it also helped to reduce the redness slightly of a spot on my right temple, and reduced/cleared up some small spots threatening to form on my forehead whilst smoothing out the texture of my skin, which I was really happy about! 







Cons:


I honestly don't have any complaints at all about this product. 

One thing to mention is that perhaps, don't leave the mask on long enough for it to start to dry (like I had due to being distracted, but if you apply it generously like specified, it won't) as it can be just a little stubborn to remove, but it's just the same as if you were to leave a charcoal face mask to dry, so it's nothing really.

-

Overall, I really enjoyed using this face mask. I think so far it's actually my favourite, since I love the scent and the texture, plus the ingredients are organic and kind to the skin so I don't have to worry about it affecting my skin negatively (even if I were to leave it on too long haha!)
 It's fun retro packaging makes it a lovely quirky addition to any skincare routine and it's 100ml contents also make it perfect for travelling and taking in your hand luggage! I will happily continue to use this product regularly and I do strongly recommend this product to all of you! So if you're looking for a refreshing hydrating face mask made with organic skin friendly ingredients, and that comes in a cute retro tub. This is the one!





Where to Purchase: 


Can be purchased here for £19.99  ($27.55 approx converted)






-


Thank you for reading!


~


Have you used Corpore sanctums Mask-Doh Green Tea face mask? 
What did you think? lemme know in the comments below!





You May Also Like

0 comments